Highlighted
dwj100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Fraudulent Account Opened In My Name

Hi, 

I hope someone is able to help.

A week ago I recieved a letter informing me that I had set up new mobile accounts in my wife's name. This happened with Virgin Media, and Three mobile. Both my wife and myself had accounts set up under our name.

Three customer service were amazing, extremely helpful and within 2 days, the issue was resolved.

Needless to say, these account were not set up by myself or my wife and I immediately contacted Virgin Media customer services, as soon as I had logged a report with the Police.

Virgin Media customer service has been terrible. Constantly being told they can't discuss the account with me, false promises of call backs, and still no resolution in sight.

I am using this forum as a last ditch attempt for someone to help. I have logged the names of the people I have spoken to in customer service, who have been rude and patronising.

Please, can anyone assist?? I want to get this resolved prior to it getting to the stage of debt collectors as many others have experienced.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Fraudulent Account Opened In My Name

Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened to you and your wife and I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I'm going to pop you a private message requesting some more information so I can help you further.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Consider registering with Cifas.

https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/identity-protection/protective-registration

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
dwj100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Yes, Three (the other provider I was done with at the same time), registered me with CIFAS free of charge following their fraud team investigation.

This was completed 2 days after registering the issue with them.

Thanks for the advice though.

David

dwj100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Right, so a week after posting this and its still not resolved.

Forum staff have been helpful but the back office team are dragging their heels and this is taking far longer than it should.

I've now, as expected, received two letters from Virgin informing me that my accounts are in arrears and this may affect my credit rating.

This is terrible customer service. My wife and I have impeccable credit scores, I have tried to be pro-active with Virgin throughout this entire process, but it seems its still not enough to get this resolved.

Virgin- come on, please help us get this resolved. Enough is enough.