cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nan's email address hacked and we can't change password

jakejnx
Joining in

Hello;

Urgent issue, my nan has an old VM email account, probably a sub account of her late husband.  She is using this email address and has recieved an email from herself with her email address and password proposing to be from a hacker.

I really need to get this account locked down urgently as she is vulnerable.

Please can someone reach out ASAP.

Thank you

Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello jakejnx

Sorry to hear grandma's email account issues, we can understand the concern and confusion caused and are happy to help look into this. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details from you to look into this further for your grandma. Can you confirm if your grandma still has services with us?

Thanks

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is her current password:

If the password was re-used elsewhere make sure to change it there.

FYI: be aware that if the email account is not linked to an active broadband with Virgin Media (or more that 90 days have passed since it was terminated) then it is at risk of being deleted without notice.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for this.  Unfortunately I think she has a 'sub' account and not the master it was created against, so these pages suggest contact the master account holder, who is deceased.  I assume the vm account was set up quite some time ago.

I tried resetting the password but I can't sign in to myvirgin media with the account that is only associated with email.

But, thank you for kindly trying to help.

Hello jakejnx

Sorry to hear grandma's email account issues, we can understand the concern and confusion caused and are happy to help look into this. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details from you to look into this further for your grandma. Can you confirm if your grandma still has services with us?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Jakejnx, 

Thanks for chatting with me & Rob in our PM's, I am sorry that there was not much we could do with this situation but I am glad we managed to resolve it in the way we did. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know on this thread and we will be happy to help further!

Thanks,

Megan_L