cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SSID changed all by itself and other fun

SMaster
On our wavelength

VM have had an outage in M23 today which affected my phone line and my internet. 

The phone line is still off, but my internet came back. 

Weird thing was my 5G SSID was renamed to simply ’1’ - could this be a security issue? 

I justed logged into my router and changed it back but any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Also, I seem to have book an engineer somehow... I’ve tried to call to cancel but the queues are massive. Can I do this online?

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SMaster,

The engineer booking is probably an error.

Click on the Help tab (next to My Upgrades and Offers and Service Status); if you hover over that tab, a new menu will appear. 

Scroll on over to the Orders and Appointments tab and click ok.

Providing it's been arranged the visit will show there,  and you can cancel / reschedule from there if the timeslot booked is not convenient for you. 

If you're logging in using the app, open any of the pages and then use the the dots at the top to open the hidden menu. From there, you can select the Orders and Appointments tab. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SMaster

Thank you for posting to the Community and apologies for the delay in response. 

I am very sorry to hear you experienced an issue with the service and the SSID changing. 

We do not believe this is a security issue and more likely an error that occurred during the fault. Were all of your devices still connected?

We have taken a look at your account and can confirm the fault appointment was related to the outage but a technician visit was not required. 

Thank you 

Nat

Got the same problem with the SSID

The hub is now advertising itself as  1   the settings of the HUB 3 show it as VM426..etc 

Every time the HUB freezes and needs a reboot (about once a day)  it will stick with the correct name then at some point revert to 1

Not sure what to do

Hi JimSurb

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for this. Have you tried a PIN reset on the router to see if this resolves everything? 

You can find out more here

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Still happening !

Should I have to reset the hub on a daily basis ?

Jim

Thanks for replying and the update, JimSurb,

Sorry to hear that you have to keep resetting. Are you OK with a self-install or would you like an engineer to visit?

Cheers,

Corey C

We had two engineer visits, 3 new hubs, and 6 months of issues - we've been told by the engineers a hub4 will fix the problems - and told by the support people we can't have one.   Generally can't wait for the contract to end.

Unfortunately it would not be a Hub 4, but do let us know if you would like us to send a replacement hub.

Thanks,

Corey C

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimSurb wrote:

Still happening !

Should I have to reset the hub on a daily basis ?

Jim

You need to manually change the name back here (One of the bands will be '1', the other will be correct hence your issue!):

You may need to check the 'Disable Channel Optimization' box here before you can correct it (It might be greyed out above):