cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More cold calls from "VM

brian5
On our wavelength

And so it begins....so much for the "28 Days" to stop cold calls from the Indian subcontinent after I change my settings.

Call from 08001836411 on my mobile today at 12:43, a woman with a thick accent asking to speak to "Mr Brian", mumbled away incoherently, and when i asked what the call was regarding, she asked me to confirm I was the account holder, I hung up.

I have already complained Multiple times about these cold calls from "VM Sales", they sound like scam calls and yet again, I will never give my details to anyone who cold calls me, I dont care who they are.

VM are absolutely no help with this whatsoever, their answer is to "opt out", which I did the day I signed up to VM, literally DECADES ago, And that it could take up to 28 days for any changes to take place, and calls to stop, well the last time I complained was in october this year, and we are now into december, maths was never my strongest subject at school but I'm sure that's more than 28 days, and the calls have started again, I am certain that this is just the first of many similar calls I will receive over the next day, weeks and possibly months.

I await the usual scripted response from someone at VM telling me they are very sorry for the inconvenience and that I should simply go to my profile and change my preferences, but that it could take up to 28 days to take effect.

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A minor correction to @newapollo  post.

NTL:Telewest purchased Virgin Mobile, not the other way round.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks