cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message pertaining to be from Virginmedia

JSweet
Joining in

I have received a message on my answer machine supposedly from Viginmedia telling me my account is about to be terminated unless I ring a certain number. I am assuing it is a scam as I would expect to get any issues in writing. How can I confirm the situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JSweet wrote:

I have received a message on my answer machine supposedly from Viginmedia telling me my account is about to be terminated unless I ring a certain number. I am assuing it is a scam as I would expect to get any issues in writing. How can I confirm the situation?

Do you have any reason to think your account might really be likely to be terminated?

IMO, it's a scam call. If the message mentions anything about 'hackers taking over your hub' or VM 'detecting problems with your connection' then it certainly is a scam call.

One of the VM forum staff will reply here in a few days and hopefully confirm for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JSweet wrote:

Do you have any reason to think your account might really be likely to be terminated?

IMO, it's a scam call. If the message mentions anything about 'hackers taking over your hub' or VM 'detecting problems with your connection' then it certainly is a scam call.

One of the VM forum staff will reply here in a few days and hopefully confirm for you.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JSweet 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

This does not sounds like something we would call you in regards to so is most likely a phishing call. I would be more than happy to check this for you however via a PM to put your mind to rest.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.