cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from Email Admin?

DianneC1946
Joining in

I received this email this morning.  Is it genuine?

To: thanks@virginmobile.com ; webteam@virginmedia.com

Dear User,

We recently upgraded our software database; You're required to confirm usage of your email to avoid disconnection.

Confirm Usage.

Kindly confirm your email above to keep using our service.

Thank you

Virgin Media Management

(c)2021

[MOD EDIT: email edited in case it's an innocent email being used. Link edited to avoid accidental data input]

4 REPLIES 4

DianneC1946
Joining in

Blueyonder Update

Hi User,

I received this email from System Management removed

You are required to update your Mail Account as the check on inventory shows action on your account is required.

removed

Please do not ignore this to avoid account timing out within 24hrs.

Am I right to assume it's phishing?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, there are many similar examples reported by the internet security team in the Security forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No, this was a scam email. Follows a similar kind of pattern to others in VM's security bulletins

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-17-09-2021/td-p/4823393

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a scam.

Genuine emails from Virgin Media would be sent from an @VirginMedia.com (or very similar) address. Never a hotmail one.

Not to mention the "click here to update your details" - that's a classic phishing technique.

Delete the email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks