cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing preferences updated?

martyp
Superfast

Hi all,

I received the below yet haven't made any changes to my account at all so unsure why I received it out the blue. I also don't have a Virgin Mobile account either. It looks legit so thinking it was a change in the background or sent out in error maybe? 

I received it at 09:51 this morning and hadn't been into my account today so also concerned someone else has...

Hello,

All sorted! Your Virgin Media marketing contact preferences have been successfully updated. These may take up to 28 days to take effect.

Remember, we'll only keep you in the loop with rewards, offers and competitions if you tell us to. You can change your mind and update your marketing preferences at any time by simply signing into My Virgin Media and going to My Profile.

For more information about how Virgin Media use and treat your data, please read our Privacy Policy here.

Also, if you have a mobile contract from Virgin Mobile and want to change these marketing contact preferences too, just log into your My Virgin Mobile account and go to My Profile.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @martyp,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Thank you for getting in contact with us regarding this email. We can understand your concern and want to best help. Just to confirm, have you contacted us at all regarding your marketing preferences as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-marketing-preferences? Also when looking at the email address this message was sent from, does it appear to have come from us?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

Sorry for the delay in responding, yes it appears to have come genuinely from Virginmedia, the subject line was:

Your Virgin Media marketing preferences are updated (KMM83590081V19862L0KM)

The sender was:

Virgin Media Preferences Change <PreferencesChange@virginmedia.co.uk> Using KANA Response 19.1.0.316

martyp_0-1635592957620.png

I wouldn't have accessed that link as I don't have Virgin Mobile, sorry. It doesn't look familiar.

Hi @martyp,

Thank you for expanding. I understand that you don't currently have Virgin Mobile services, but do you have Virgin Media services (landline, TV, broadband) at the moment?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Yes I do, tv, phone and broadband

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martyp,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to the email you received.

If you have our services, as stated before, the marketing preferences can refer to those services. You can manage your Marketing Preferences in your online account, so if you're not happy with us calling you about future offers and discounts, you can amend this to your liking.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs