cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage router

FTR-Prezzie
Tuning in

Hello everyone I don't know if anyone can help me but I am trying to change the password on my router to one that I want  when I try to manage the router from either my phone or laptop it will ask me for a password. I have the password on the red card that has the password (and I know it's correct because I just reconnected to the router) but when I type it into the password section it is saying password is wrong. Now like I say I know the password I have is correct because I have connected my Xbox and phone to it lately but for some reason it keeps saying password is wrong when I manage the router. Can anyone give me any assistance please. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The router password isn't your WiFi password, you can find it printed under your router

Thanks for the reply but the password on the bottom of the router is the same as the one on the red card and the same password I am using to connect to devices. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @FTR-Prezzie 

There are two passwords printed on the hub - the wiifi password and the settings password.

To access the web interface yuo need to use the Settings password.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

During initial setup user is prompted to change Hub 5's default password; this may explain why the password listed on base is not working. To restore the Hub's default settings perform a factory reset, see  How Do I Reset Or Reboot Hub | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hey there @FTR-Prezzie, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the password on the router.
May I ask if you are inputting the security admin key when you are attempting to sign in to the Hub manager?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply I have managed to sort it out. I didn't realise that to manage the router the password to get in was different to the actually password you use to connect to the router. When a kind person in here told me about the settings password that is when I got in. Thank you

Thank you very much very grateful that you took the time to reply thank you and have a great day. As soon as I realized I was using the wrong password to get in and used the settings password I was able to access it. Thank you again and have a great day

Hey @FTR-Prezzie, thanks for the reply on the forums!

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resoled now 🙂
As always - we're here if you need any assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs