cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Virgin Media account

jerecd
Joining in

I can't log into my Virgin Media account. The Sign In screen tells me my username and/or password are not recognised. I know they are correct – I've been using them for years.

So I click "forgotten password" and it asks my security question and date of birth. When I enter those, they're also not recognised.

So I click "forgotten security answer" and go to a page that asks for bill details (account number, area, date and amount of last bill). I enter those details and it doesn't recognise those either. (I've tried it for the bill I received today and the one before that – neither works.

I phoned Virgin Media, and they couldn't resolve it or explain it. They said I must have forgotten my password. I explained all of the above, and they still just said I must have forgotten my password, and they'd sent it to me by post. But I know my password (and all the other details).

Meanwhile, my account still exists – my internet access and email both work as normal.

Can anyone explain and tell me what I can do? I'm anxious because I can't view my bill details, and the bill I was sent today contained extra usage charges (unspecified) which I can't guess the reason for.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jerecd

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Really sorry to hear of the online account issue. Normally we'd suggest doing what you've done and following the 'forgot password' option but I can see you've done this. 

I can also see you've spoke to the team today and got access - can you confirm this is the case? Have you also had a look at the breakdown of the bill and indeed the extra charges?

Let me know if you need further help 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anankha
Problem sorter

Ensure caps lock &/or number lock isn’t enabled.
Try the onscreen keyboard to rule out a problem with the connected keyboard.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Oyster
Up to speed

make sure your keyboard is working properly
I often have to slam the number 2 key several times before it works.
I dont know why, it just freaks out every now and then.
My advice is to write out your username and password in a text app
highlight them
do ctrl C to copy
then ctrl V to paste them into their respective boxes
If my UN or PW fails I always do that first before panicing