cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Email Account

Bullen1991
Joining in

Hi VM,

I'm having issues using my account via the virginmedia.com sign in page.  The email section does not recognize my virgin media email address & password and when I go through the reset password section, it tells me that the email address does not exist.

I've received no notice that the account would be locked or disabled.  I have been using this email for close to a decade now so atleast need temporary access to it again to switch over my account details to another email provider.  The email address is the same one attached to this account.

Please can someone contact me regarding this as unfortunately I've had nothing but issues with VM for the last few years and this just seems to be the icing on the cake.

I appreciate any assistance.  Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bullen1991,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome, sorry to hear you no longer have access to your Email you have been using for almost 10 years, are you still a Virgin Media customer and is the active account the one associated with the Email address?

Regards

Paul.

Apologies Paul, I didn't see a notification with a response.

I don't currently have an active virgin media subscription or virgin mobile account due to complaints that have now been resolved regarding other issues.  

Would not having any paid products from Virgin Media restrict access to this email address?  Does the use of a virginmedia.com email account require an active product?

Thank you

@Bullen1991 wrote:

Does the use of a virginmedia.com email account require an active product?

Thank you

Yes it does and this has actually always been the case, if fact what it needed is an active broadband account, a mobile account isn’t enough.

What should happen is that some 90 days after you leave VM, your email address, mailbox and all of the mail within it is supposed to be deleted. Sometimes VM are a bit lax in doing this and the mailbox carries on working for years, in some cases. But it is always at risk of being caught up in a periodic sweep of ‘orphaned mailboxes’ and simply closed down and deleted.

I strongly suspect that this is what has happened to yours, it either has been or is in the process of being deleted.

Hi @Bullen1991 thanks for your reply here.

As @jem101 has mentioned, you do require active Virgin Media services in order for us to keep your email address active.

Failure to have this, will see your email address closed down generally within 90 days of deactivation, but this can sometimes take a little longer.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here but if you do need any further help, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you for the replies. 

I would highly recommend improving the communication on this subject to your customers as losing access to long term emai address is a painstakingly difficult process to contact the numerous important providers such as bank accounts, bills and other services used over several years, to now change your account info and make sure you're able to receive comms.

Sadly this is just another instance of poor service. 

Hi Bullen1991, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We appreciate your feedback and can confirm it is in the terms and conditions and we've also recently implemented this when calling to disconnect your account. On that call you're now advised that the email will close at some point after 90 days. 

We are always looking at ways we can improve though and will pass your feedback on. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs