cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate number?

artbybeatz
Joining in

Hi I just got off the phone with a virgin employee who gave me a number for merging transfers (03454541111)

While he was certainly a legitimate employee, when i phoned merging transfers they asked for the answers to my security questions, is this standard procedure or fraudulent? 

I was asked to type in a password character via the phone dial.

Just checking to be safe, thanks for any help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi artybeatz,

Yes that's a genuine Virgin number. They ask for 3 digits from your security password as a means of identification (DPA) to ensure you are the account holder.

You could also dial 150 from a Virgin phone instead of the above number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

it should be sufficient to remind them that you already authenticated via the phone's dial pad for them to not repeat the process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello artybeatz

Thanks for taking the time to post your query via the forums, we appreciate you taking the time to raise these concerns and welcome to the community.

As both newapollo and 用心棒 have advised, we confirm security details with all customers over any method of contact they may use. Account security is paramount to us here at Virgin Media and we always take the necessary steps to ensure we're only discussing account information with the account holder to help keep all of their details safe.

Rob