cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit email? youraccount@virginmediateam.co.uk

sebjwallace
On our wavelength

I got an email for my new agreement from this email.

youraccount@virginmediateam.co.uk
The link in the email goes to
virginmedia.icehosted.com

Although I received the email during the call with the team member, I am still suspicious because when I google the email above the results show that this email is not legit. I need further confirmation before I continue to sign anything.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello sebjwallace

Thanks for your post and for bring this to our attention 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 

This way we can then look at this in a bit more detail 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

sebjwallace
On our wavelength

spgray
Problem sorter

@sebjwallace wrote:

The link in the email goes to
virginmedia.icehosted.com

i'm sure you can tell if it is legit or not from what you have just posted

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

This address is what caught my attention on opening the email. icehosted is not a Virgin domain, virginmedia is just the subdomain. I thought icehosted was a signing service but upon Googleing there's not much detail about it. I would have thought the link would go to one of the Virgin domains. Everything else lines up except this email and the link.

of course everything else lines up, that's a how a spam email works. it "looks" right but the links to anything take you elsewhere.

common sense.

Even if the email was sent to me when I was on the phone to them and it has my name and some of the agreement details in there?

i'm out

Because its still obviously phishing, or its obviously not, or you just don't know?

i'm out, because you've been told it's phishing, you linked to a another thread that also said the email address mentioned is not a virgin email address, and yet you still seem to want to believe it's legit.

i'm out.

Anankha
Problem sorter

Are you 100% sure that you were speaking to Virginmedia & not scammers posing as such?
Did you call Virginmedia or did they call you?
If you phoned them can you remember which number you used?

That email address as others have stated is NOT Virginmedia. If you gave them any personal details like credit/debit card details I would notify your bank or card issuer immediately.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia