cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Phishing News 22/02/2023

Int-Sec

Latest Phishing News 22/02/2023

We have been informed about phishing emails that contains the content copied below. They were NOT sent by Virgin Media and should not be responded to. Do NOT visit the link included in the mails or response

Email 1

VlRGIN-MEDlA

Check your mail account now, the old version will be shutting down on 28/02/2023.

Kindly Check Here Now to migrate your account to the updated version.

Note: Y0UR ACC0UNT WlLL BE CL0SED D0WN lF lGN0RED!

Email 2

Dear xxxx.xxxxx@ntlworld.com

The Classic version of Virgin Media will be replaced by our new version on 19th Feb 2023. So it's time to upgrade, before you lose your email access.

UPDATE NOW

Thanks for choosing Virgin media

Virgin Mail! member services
Privacy | Copyright Mail United Kingdom State , 2023. All rights reserved.

Email 3

Dear customer

We emailed you last month to let you know about changes we are making to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. These changes are key steps towards creating what's next for our consumers, like you, while empowering them with transparency and controls over how and when their data is used.

You can learn more about what these policies mean for you here, as well as more about the changes in our FAQs.
In order to continue to access your (VIRGIN MEDIA) Mail account after Feb25th-2023, you will need to confirm you accept the Terms of Service. We also need a few moments of your time to explain how we manage your data and provide you with some choices in relation to the processing of that data.

UPGRADE

If you do not want the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to apply to you, you will no longer be able to access your account from Feb25th-2023 .If you would like the contents of your email account, you may obtain a copy of your data by clicking here.

Email 4

VlRGlN MEDlA

We are closing all old version of our Mailbox starting from Feb 28th 2023, Please follow the link below to update your account

UPDATE NOW

Failure to do this , your account will be Locked

Privacy Policy | Customer Support | Unsubscribe
© 2023 . All Rights Reserved.

Email 5

Dear User,

We wrote to you last year as we noticed that you may be accessing your Virginmedia.com email on your mobile, tablet or other device using an out-of-date version of an email application such as Apple Mail, Outlook or Windows Live Mail.

Out-of-date versions of these email applications will no longer be supported by Virginmedia.com from February 23rd. This is to make sure you have a better and more consistent experience with your Virginmedia emails.

You will need to make some quick updates so you can continue to access your mailbox.

If you do nothing, you will no longer be able to access your mailbox from February 24th 2023 .

To verify your email and instructions on how to update your mailbox, please click here and follow the link to 'Update your email'.

Kind regards,

Thank you for choosing Sky. We'll be in touch again soon.

The Mail Team

2 REPLIES 2

danydimetalo
Tuning in

Latest one today, quite convincing if you didn't pay attention to the sender email or read the headers, which I did, fall for it like an idiot by getting distracted (I should have known better) which cost me a good 30 min in changing my passwords and credentials all-over the place.

Reported to the phishing@virginmedia.com allready.

......................................................................................

Title: Important: Your mailbox action required.

VM Support Team <dosolalbm@outlook.fr>

Virgin Media Email Verification Required

Dear xxxxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com,

As part of our commitment to security, we require all customers to verify their email addresses periodically to ensure continued account access. We apologize for any inconvenience, but this is an important step in keeping your account secure.

To verify your email address and continue to use your Virgin Media account, please click the button below:

Verify My Email

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer support team.

Thank you for choosing Virgin Media.

............................................................................................................................................

also had this from VM Support Team <ciecalebvg@outlook.fr> wanted me to log into my account to verify my email address thought id check here first glad i did..