cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Phishing News 12/07/2022

Int-Sec

Latest Phishing News 12/07/2022

We have been informed about phishing emails that contains the content copied below. They were NOT sent by Virgin Media and should not be responded to. Do NOT visit the link included in the mails or response

Email 1.

Dear Customer,

Starting on July 13th, 2022, customers that are yet to update their account will no longer receive emails due to the recent security upgrade.

Please use the link below to secure your mailbox:
Access: E-mail

Thanks,

Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from an unmonitored mailbox.

Email 2.

NTLWORLD UPDATE July 10th

Dear Ntlworld Customers Your email needs to be verified.

Please visit *Click here to verify* to sign into your account and get a more organized Mailbox service.

As part of our on going efforts to improve online security and account protection. Your account will be deactivated if your account is not verified.

Thanks for using our service.

Email 3.

<hxxxs://x.xxxxx.com/xxxxxxx.xxx>

Dear Customer,

We were unable to process your latest Virgin Media or Mobile bill at this time.

The billing information associated with your account may have recently expired, your service is scheduled for disconnection.

To ensure that your service has not been interrupted, we require you to confirm your account billing information with us immediately, in order to avoid any suspension on your service.

<hxxxs://xxxxxxxx.xx/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxx/>

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address. If you'd like to get in touch, you'll find all the details at virginmedia contact us instead.

Email 4.

Hi,
We update to make you understand your Mailbox has reached the Limited Extent to send and receive mail.

Please RESTORE your MailBox.
Thank You.

Email 5.

We're closing some of our email services

Hello,

The classic version of Virgin Media Mail that you're using on your computer will no longer be available July 14, 2022. To ensure continued access to your Virgin Mail account, you will not be automatically upgraded to the latest version of Virgin Mail or Basic Mail, it's quick, easy and free. Just update your email address now.

Keep your email by adding it to your Virgin Media Broadband account

It's quick, easy and free. Just link your address to your Virgin Media account. You can find out more and follow the instructions at xx.xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx.

Don't need your email address anymore?

If you don't want to keep your email address, and everything associated with it, tell us and we'll delete it for you.

I don't want my email address

Thank you.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP
Registered in England and Wales with number xxxxxx

4 REPLIES 4

idkwia
Up to speed

I got this email today and it looked so authentic I clicked on the link which directed me to the VM website where I signed in.

Do I need to worry?

Hi -

If you receive what appears to be a suspicious email from Virgin Media, forward immediately to our dedicated mailbox – phishing@virginmedia.com

Make sure you delete the email after you have notified us. You can find out more about phishing on our what is phishing blog page.

Kind Regards,
Customer Information Security Team
Virgin Media

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@idkwia wrote:

I got this email today and it looked so authentic I clicked on the link which directed me to the VM website where I signed in.

Do I need to worry?

If you think you have fallen for a phishing scam then I'd recommend going to the real VM site (links above) and changing your password ASAP.  If you have used that same email & password combination on any other site then you should also change your password on those sites. 

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SCA1972 Many thanks for your reply. What was interesting was that the link took me to VM's website. However I have taken your advice and changed my password for VM. Thanks again.