Menu
Highlighted
cyberleech
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just had a call from 0800 183 6404

claiming to be Virgin Media, but started by asking for contact details starting with address. As a matter of policy I don't give these to inbound callers. Could you confirm if this was genuine?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just had a call from 0800 183 6404

Hi cyberleech, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you've been feeling a little uncertain after receiving a call. 

I can confirm this call was from Virgin Media. From time to time we will contact you if there is an offer you may be interested in. 

If you'd prefer not to receive these calls then let me know and I can go in to the account and change your preferences to No Contact. 

Come back and let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cyberleech
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. You should know that my policy is never to give out personal information to inbound calls, its really is outrageous that you're expecting people to do this.

Now, ranting over, what was the call about ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cyberleech

The call would have originated from our Marketing teams and would have been with respect to an offer they may have had available possibly on that day only for you.

Many of their offers are time sensitive so they note they have attempted to call which is what Kath confirmed but they don't note the offer they were calling about at the time, as this is no longer something they may be able to offer.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos