Joining in

IMG-20210724-WA0000.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Glennbo99,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to see that you received this phishing email!

I can understand that this may be very stressful! Thanks to our amazing Community Members for providing such useful insight into identifying the email as phishing!

You can take a look at our Phishing Help page to see what you can do to make us aware of this email. Please forward this email to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete it after you've notified us of this.

Our dedicated team will look into this to make sure other customers are not impacted by this.

Thank you so much for coming to us to double check! 🙂

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks very much like it.

Check the latest reports from the internet security team for similar known scams.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Let's see;

Clumsily worded title, check
To line is badly structured, check
Dear user rather than properly addressed, check
Badly formatted date, check

In fact the entire thing has been written by someone who doesn't have any sort of grasp of English, poor grammar structure etc.

No doubt the link goes off to a URL along the lines of 'ah-all-your-email-belong-to-us.org'

So yeah it's a phishing message - nice of them to urge you to keep safe and well though!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Glennbo99,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to see that you received this phishing email!

I can understand that this may be very stressful! Thanks to our amazing Community Members for providing such useful insight into identifying the email as phishing!

You can take a look at our Phishing Help page to see what you can do to make us aware of this email. Please forward this email to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete it after you've notified us of this.

Our dedicated team will look into this to make sure other customers are not impacted by this.

Thank you so much for coming to us to double check! 🙂

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs