cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this genuine

Kenwj
Tuning in

Received this email which I could not forward to phishing...is it genuine?  

Dear User

It has come to our notice of the high rate of phishing in our emails 

We have brought to you a new system of security to easily detect spams

This update is free and ready to use for any user 

from Virgin Media

There was a hyper link which i have ignored and deleted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the annoyance reporting the phishing email to phishing@virginmedia.com is that during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is show then this means Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Checkout posts by Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kenwj  It is a scam attempt.  See example 5 in this latest post from the security team:

Latest Phishing News 18/05/2022 - Virgin Media Community - 5017340

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kenwj
Tuning in

Thanks for confirming this as helpful person, it was just annoying trying to report o it to Virgin using the email address that is given.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the annoyance reporting the phishing email to phishing@virginmedia.com is that during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is show then this means Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Checkout posts by Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks