cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this email I received phishing or legit?

CHRIS210
On our wavelength

Direct Debit Error

Virgin Media<webteam@virginmedia.com>
22/11/2021 19:12

Dear Customer,

We were unable to process your latest Virgin Media or Mobile account bill at this time. The billing information associated with your account may have recently expired, your service is scheduled for disconnection.

We have been trying to contact you. However, we are unable to reach you. To ensure that your service has not been interrupt, we require you to confirm and verify your account billing information with us immediately, in order to avoid any suspension on your service.

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media Team

Virgin Media Limited is an appointed representative of Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number: 626215). Registered in England No. 09058868. Registered office: 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

NealE64
Up to speed

It's not legitimate.  I had one too, and coming a day or so after the payment is scheduled I had a moment of concern, but checked my bank and the payment went through.  Thankfully my spam filter caught the email and the link was shown for what it is, as seen below:

VMSPOOF.jpg

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CHRIS210 wrote:

Virgin Media<webteam@virginmedia.com>
22/11/2021 19:12

Dear Customer,

Any email that purports to come from a utility company but starts "Dear Customer" is screaming "this is a scam" no matter how genuine the logos and company details appear to be.

Any genuine email will always include the customer's details.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks