cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a genuine message from Virgin?

badbones777
Joining in

Got a text from an unknown number [REMOVED] asking me to text KEEP or CHANGE - the details and so on are correct and I am expecting my installation at the time it notes, but I would have expected this sort of thing to be emailed and even though the details are right, there's no way I'm interacting with an unknown number that's messaged me out the blue with no way of verifying it.

Is this a genuine message?

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

See what others said about the numbers :-

https://who-called.co.uk/

Hi thanks for reply - but I've checked several such sites (first thing I did before I posted). Most of them only have a few replies/comments, (that link only has 2, neither of them really saying anything) and none I've seen have anyone conclusively confirming it's Virgin. It probably *is* based on what I can see, but ideally you want more than "probably".

Thank you for replying nevertheless

Hi @badbones777 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

We can understand your concern regarding the text message. Are you able to let us know the number the text came from? Also, what was the content of the text? (without sharing any private details)

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Yes I put the number and all pertinent details in my original post - however as the installation was looming (today, as it goes) I replied to the text as based on what I could find it was probably going to be a genuine message and it asked me to install the virgin media app to view my order details. I haven't done that yet because, well, I just don't want to, I'm fine with emails. I'm assuming the app is not strictly necessary, yes?

Hi badbones777

We would recommend registering for an online account either via our website or by downloading the app.

This is where you will be able to view your bill statements, check for faults, manage any appointments etc.

If you would like to register via the website instead of the app, you can do so here

You will just need your Virgin Media account number and area reference.

These can be found on your contract email. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide