cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a genuine call back from Virgin

Blue79
Tuning in

Having just called Virgin media help line because the boosters they sent are not working, we recieved a callback from 03454541111. The person was unable to help but suggested we get a sim card and asked for our bank details. We were surprised to be asked this and refused to do this over the phone. Eventually, he arranged for an engineer to call to our home. We're we right not to give our details. Is this normal practice and genuine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Blue79,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

That does sound like a scam call because we would ask you to pass account security but that doesn't include asking for bank details.

I have looked into this and can see that a technician has been booked for you, this should now be showing on your online account.

Do you remember around what time the call was? As I can see notes on our system from Sunday.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would assume it’s a scam, why would they ask for bank details. If it was genuine there would be an item on your online account stating when the technician’s visit was scheduled.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Blue79,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

That does sound like a scam call because we would ask you to pass account security but that doesn't include asking for bank details.

I have looked into this and can see that a technician has been booked for you, this should now be showing on your online account.

Do you remember around what time the call was? As I can see notes on our system from Sunday.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steve. Thankyou for looking in to this for us. The call was made mid afternoon between 3 and 4 o'clock. Sorry I can't be more precise than that. 

Thank you @Blue79

I'd like to take a closer look into this with you just to double check the details so I will send you a PM now.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.