cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is VirginMediaSurveys@maruedr.com a legitimate e-mail address?

jacobmorris307
Joining in

I have received a number of e-mails from VirginMediaSurveys@maruedr.com claiming that I have cancelled some of my Virgin Media services (n.b., I have not) and asking for me to complete a survey. Googling the e-mail address seems to come up with conflicted answers as to whether it is a phishing attempt or not. I forwarded the message to phishing@virginmedia.com at the advice from one of the online advisors but I have not received a response back and at this point I am not expecting to.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 21.33.09.png

I would appreciate a direct and clear answer on this as attempting to get through the Terri Triage Bot is giving me an aneurysm

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jacobmorris307

Very sorry to hear you've been receiving these emails, I can confirm these are spam emails so please don't click on anything. 

You can find out more about these survey emails here

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease a little bit. 

If you have any further issues or want to report these emails please use the email you did use phishing@virginmedia.com

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That doesn't look like the normal email address that VM customer surveys come via so I would treat with caution, especially given the circumstances you set out.

I have asked the VM Forum Moderators to refer this to their Security team for investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jacobmorris307

Very sorry to hear you've been receiving these emails, I can confirm these are spam emails so please don't click on anything. 

You can find out more about these survey emails here

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease a little bit. 

If you have any further issues or want to report these emails please use the email you did use phishing@virginmedia.com

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just received one today saying for survey, inadvertently clicked on the link which stated survey closed, I did not enter any details and I was using an iPhone.. any advice would be appreciated.

Hi markdyer72,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Are you able to confirm if the survey came from the same email address as the header in this thread?

^Martin

Yes it is the same 

Thank you for that information. 

It is likely that is a scam. I would recommend forwarding it to phishing@virginmedia.com to report it. 

^Martin

So clicking on the link will have done no harm as I did not input any information..

After you click on the link was information requested?

^Martin

No a page just appeared said the survey was no longer available, or words to that effect.