cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin media scamming me?

familyD
Tuning in
  • So I received an email from Virgin to advise about a price increase due in March 2022 which I disagreed with due to having six months left on a fixed price deal. After 1 hour 45 minutes calling the call centre on Monday 17th January 2022, I got no where except to ask to leave Virgin as there was nothing else they could do!! Fine, so we leave in 30 days. Tuesday 18th January 2022 in the morning I get a telephone call from Abdul in the 'retentions team' offering me a near identical deal, like £1:00 more a month, for same TV and home phone package but 1gb data download speed plus a free O2 unlimited sim card. Only thing is to sign up for another 18 months not the six months we have left. Not a problem for the price, agreed with Abdul, let's do it. Wednesday 19th January 2022 I received an email from 'Virgin media partners ' asking for different email address for the O2 sim as my current one is already listed with O2?? Call the free phone number on the email and get the same call centre as first time, no help at all, other than still asking me to continue to cancel my contract!! So I call Abdul who tells me that I need another email address to set up the sim, ok new email address. Thursday 20th January 2022, call Abdul to give him the new email address. He is happy with that and I ask when to expect the email regarding the new contract etc, soon, very soon!!!! Am I being paranoid or am I being scammed Virgin. Your out of UK call centre is next to useless and I need answers to what could be a serious breach of personal information to a third party. I await, hopefully, very prompt answers. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @familyD,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a look into this further for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message that I will drop over in a minute and we can get this looked into.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @familyD,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a look into this further for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message that I will drop over in a minute and we can get this looked into.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you @Steven_L  for all your superb help and communications, a real breath of fresh air, thank you.

Thank you @familyD

I have passed this feedback on to Stephen to make sure he gets the credit deserved. 

Thank you so much again.