Menu
Roger000
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet Security - i have Norton - do i need it if i have virgin web safe? Do i need to have F Safe?

I had Norton before joining virgin and just carried it on. Is virgin web safe enough security without Norton? Is F Safe necessary to have with web safe? What is the cost of F Safe, my Norton is up for renewal at £89 so would like to compare. Thanks.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Security - i have Norton - do i need it if i have virgin web safe? Do i need to have F Safe?

norton is the biggest pile of bloatware there is.
my advice, remove and it never install it ever again.

if you have windows 10 the built-in virus protection is more than enough.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Security - i have Norton - do i need it if i have virgin web safe? Do i need to have F Safe?

You could try Avast Free Antivirus with a custom install for just file shield and behaviour shield.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I removed Norton after being a 10 years + user due to it becoming bloated & always crashing, I went with Windows Defender & found my laptop running a lot smoother & faster. This along with MalwareBytes is enough.

F-Secure is free for the first year but then there’s a special discount for VM customers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In addition to my security program Bullguard I've been using a HOSTS file on my Windows PC for many years to block all manner of unwanted internet connections. It works on other OSs like Linux and Mac OS as well. I update the file from this webpage.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos