Menu
Allirichie
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Identity fraud

I recently spoke to somebody about identity fraud its been a few weeks and ive had no reply im wanting some answers and get the situation resolved 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Identity fraud

Hi Allirichie

Thanks for taking the time to pop by and welcome to the community.

Can you let us know more detail about what the situation is?

Have you since spoken to our Fraud Teams about this if this involved the setting up of a Virgin Media account under your name or Direct Debit Fraud etc?

keep us posted on what's happening and we'll help where we can.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Allirichie
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i have rang virgin media and they said it was goin to be dealt with by the fraud team as yet ive heard nothing  and the issue needs rectifying asap an accountwas set up in my daughters name but using a different adress and phone number due to the bills not being paid my daughter has bad credit which came to light she applied for finance  on a car i was tolf it would be dealt with asap but hsve heard nothing more 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allirichie

I appreciate you getting back

If you still need this chased with the fraud team please pop back to the PM I have sent on the top right in the forums.

It's in the purple envelope.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Allirichie

Thanks for confirming the details I needed in a PM

It looks like the Fraud team dealt with this last month.

If this is still on your daughters credit file if you can please log this as a dispute with her credit file companies and also email the following address for Virgin Medias credit file team to log this with them on her behalf.

The address is creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

That team liaise with the credit file companies and between them they should have this updated within the next 28 days.

Please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Allirichie

Thanks for coming back to me on your PM

With respect to the credit file if you can please email the address I have provided for that team to look at this for you as they deal directly with the credit file teams.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Kaz_A wrote:  .....The address is creditfileamnedments@virginmedia.co.uk

Unless VM have corrected a previous dyslexic internal mailbox server in last 15days then 2 characters in RED need transposing viz en

....or that might have been deliberate obfuscation to defeat web crawlers etc   😛

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
Catherineb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Back in December I was sent a direct debit mandate for a virgin phone I didn’t request. The same day I received details of a new bank account I didn’t set up. It was clear someone had stolen my identity. I contacted the bank and they resolved the matter immediately, allowing me to liaise with their fraud department personally for my peace of mind. They put a note on my CIFAS account to show I was a victim in this instance.

However Virgin’s reaction to this crime has been far from satisfactory. Despite numerous phone calls and forms sent to their fraud department with promises they would contact me within 24 hours I have yet to resolve the situation, only today nearly 2 months later I have received a letter threatening me with their debt collectors. Nobody who I speak to has the capacity to resolve the situation; they are full of  excuses and say I can’t speak to any of the relevant departments personally; they have to send a form!!! I feel hugely let down and at my wits end! What do I do now.. go to the newspapers, a solicitor. Someone please help 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Catherineb, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear that you've been having issues with this. When you've been in touch regarding this what have our team advised in regards to the outcomes of the fraud investigations?

If it is an account suspected of fraud they should be able to advise you what the outcome was if the fraud team weren't to contact you about it.

Unfortunately for any fraud reports all our agents would be able to do is to submit the form for you for the fraud team to pick up.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Catherineb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

i have been advised that the handset has been written off but the airtime people are sending me letters threatening with the debt collectors. 

Each time the people manning the phones have told me that they can only raise a form with the fraud team. So far 4 forms ya e been raised without any communication back. After speaking to a lady today she tried to ring them directly but got no reply. She said she would speak to her supervisor who was in a meeting and send yet another form. I said I hope they reply within 5 days before you send the debt collectors round 

0 Kudos