cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Fraud

robercik
Tuning in

Hello,

On April 27 someone used my bank details to purchase items from Virgin Media (as well as Klarna, Sky Mobile and Tesco Mobile), resulting in four hard searches on my credit report. I would like to know if any contract/product has been purchased in my name, and request that the heard search on my credit report be withdrawn. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey robercik, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you've had - that's not great to hear at all. In terms of locating anything we would need something to go off in terms of details so what I will do is send you over a private message 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anankha
Problem sorter

I hope you have contacted your bank to inform them that you ave been scammed? They should place a block on your account & cancel your cards.
Have you had any phone calls purporting to be from Amazon stating you’ve taken out Amazon Prime or purchased something from Amazon & that if this isn’t the case to press 1 to speak with Amazon customer service? Or any unusual calls asking you to download some app/program to allow access to your PC/tablet/phone?

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

No calls from Amazon and I’ve dealt with my bank - all I need from Virgin Media to confirm or otherwise that nothing has been purchased in my name and that the hard search on my credit report will be removed - something all the other companies I’ve approached are already processing 

Thanks, I thought maybe you’d been scammed & that’s how they gained your bank details.
I’m sure someone will reply here who can help further.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey robercik, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you've had - that's not great to hear at all. In terms of locating anything we would need something to go off in terms of details so what I will do is send you over a private message 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks Ryan, I've just sent you a PM

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have been scammed but my bank has been informed, and now I am looking to get Hard Searches removed off my credit report, one of which is VM, as the fraudster had used my details to make purchases with my details

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

They wouldn't have the data from this chat as it's a private message and also they don't have the access to this. 

You would need to put into detail as to why it's the case - but they would help get it amended right away 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.