cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been sent an email about DOS and have no Idea what to do

Barwench10
Joining in

I've received an email about DOS activity on my BroadBand and have no idea what to do

27 REPLIES 27

DebandKev
Joining in

We have received the same email too! Any news Virginmedia as it obviously has not been resolved and we are worried we maybe held to account.

I've received this email today.  Have accessed the router and nothing untoward.  No malware on devices. 

Hi - same here. We just received a letter today saying the attack happened on the 11th of March - ran all checks and looked at router and all looks good. Not sure what to do from here?

Jen_Y

I've flagged this for the team to look into. Once we hear back from them we'll let you know. 

Jen_Y

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks 

Hi @AAL1 @Leapyleo @DebandKev @local_user_ed @Doctorfrank 

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for us to get clarification on these email/letter notifications. Our Back Office Team has recently analysed the data to ensure that it’s correct and notifications have been turned back on. However the system seems to have triggered a few cases to be actioned for older dates but this has been resolved now. Please only take action on any email/letter received that states the date of detection from the 18th April and onwards and disregard anything older than this date.

We're sorry for any alarm we may have caused and let us know if you have anymore problems.

Thanks,

Lisa

I've just received a similar email. I've checked settings and devices. Are erroneous alerts still being sent by VM? 

I've received an DoS participation email. Checked all my devices and settings on the Hub3 - all seem OK. I did have an eero connected that kept dropping out, maybe it was that?