cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received an e-mail thus:We’ve been notified of a device on your network that has been configured as a R

Pdadme
Joining in

I got an e-mail from Virgin saying :

We’ve been notified of a device on your network that has been configured as a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server, making it accessible from outside your home network.

This email is to make sure you’re aware of this and what it means. Once you’ve finished reading, you only need to take action if you think it’s needed.

It has my correct account number and a reference. My son sometimes accesses his PC remotely, but I have never had an alert before
What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@Pdadme wrote:

I got an e-mail from Virgin saying :

We’ve been notified of a device on your network that has been configured as a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server, making it accessible from outside your home network.

This email is to make sure you’re aware of this and what it means. Once you’ve finished reading, you only need to take action if you think it’s needed.

It has my correct account number and a reference. My son sometimes accesses his PC remotely, but I have never had an alert before
What should I do?

What should you do, probably nothing at all!

Although, ask your son exactly how, and using which protocol, does he access his PC remotely? If it is via RDP and he has configured the VM hub accordingly, then that’s the reason, and you can safely ignore the email.

🙂