cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive a copy of a customers bill although I have no Virgin account and don't know who they are.

Concerned11
Joining in

I was rather concerned when going to close a very old e-mail account to find that Virgin has been sending copies of one of their customers bills to it since 2019.

This is a very old e-mail account and has not been used or checked for several years. I was about to delete it when I found you are copying a customers bills to it Acct [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] The holder of this e-mail address is not a Virgin Media account holder and has never had any service from Virgin Media. I am somewhat perturbed that I am now getting presumably copies of bills to an e-mail that I have never given you. The only contact I have ever had from Virgin Media are from the telephone imposters pretending to be from the Virgin IT Technical department!

I would certainly never entertain becoming a customer of any organisation that would send my billing to random e-mails. 

In addition this seems to be the only way to contact Virgin Media unless you are a customer.

I look forward to your explanations

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The most likely explanation is a typographical error when the customer set up the account.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to follow this up when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Concerned11,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

We are truly sorry to hear you have been receiving these bills to your email address. We can understand the concern this may have caused and we want to do our best to help.

I have sent you a private message regarding this so I can further look into this and understand what took place. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs