Menu
Jackieallen2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do I know if a phone call is genuinely from Virgin Media

I have been plagued by fake phone calls recently saying they are from Virgin Media and saying there is something wrong with my internet connection. They then try and get me to go on my computer to "test" iit. They are trying to hijack my computer. But this morning I got a call from somebody about my browser and in retrospect it may have been genuine. Is there any way of telling from the number displayed if it is genuinely from Virgin Media of not

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I know if a phone call is genuinely from Virgin Media

Unfortunately not.  The calling number displayed can easily be spoofed apparently.

One thing you can be sure of is that VM will never call you out of the blue in relation to an issue with your connection, browser or anything else to do with your Virgin Media account.

Edited to add: VM may occasionally call with marketing offers unless you have opted out of marketing in your account preferences.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos