newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I change password on Virgin Community

Hi Meeawi,

Click on Edit profile > Password

Then enter your current password, your new password, verify password, then Change password

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Meeawi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone who replied with help!

It is worth noting that after selecting ‘edit profile’ you have to select ‘menu’ to access ‘password’ and make the changes you need. 

Hope this helps someone!

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank for raising the subject of community passwords, mine stopped working on 3/11/2020  and I managed to reset it using the method described but also had to recover via my email   (password recovery  link)

Then again on 11/11/2020 it stopped working again for no reason so managed to reset it again.

Not sure why this has occurred, was reported to mod team but I am still unaware why the password failed.

In some cases if it has failed 3 times it locks you out, so not sure if it was multiple password attempts, very odd.

Also I noticed an unknown Ip address had accessed my community account but it appeared to be a virgin residential address so perhaps virgin themselves changed or locked  my password ( I have not quoted the ip address for security reasions but it is listed in my personal information and may belong the isp)

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

193.38.64.0 - 193.38.127.255'

United Kingdom
Network Name:      Virgin_Media
Owner Name:        Virgin Media Limited
CIDR:              193.38.64.0/18
From IP:           193.38.64.0
To IP:             193.38.127.255
Allocated:         Yes
Contact Name:      Virgin Media Network Management Centre
Address:           Virgin Media, 500 Brook Drive Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UU
Email:             **********@virginmedia.net

% Information related to '193.38.64.0 - 193.38.127.255'

inetnum: 
193.38.64.0 - 193.38.127.255
netname: Telewest-Broadband
descr: Virgin Media Limited
org: ORG-CIL2-RIPE
admin-c: TWIP1-RIPE
tech-c: TWIP1-RIPE
mnt-by: AS5462-MNT
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
mnt-lower: RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
remarks: report abuse to abuse@blueyonder.co.uk

Suspected Network Sharing Device

We believe that this IP address represents the public IP address of a router or firewall with more than one device behind it. This does not mean that your computer or network has been hacked or compromised. This is a common status for a residential connection with multiple devices (a family, etc.). We do not think this is a proxy server.

REPORTED ALSO ON PREVIOUS POST 21/10/2019

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/IP-Addresses/td-p/4092335

I have not quoted the exact ip address that used my community account but in this range, any clues, is it legitimate? was it virgin?

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ip address 193.38.100.xx  (not disclosed)

A virgin media ip address used to open/access my virign media community account.

The ip quality score is 89 high risk.

Proxy/vpn detected high risk proxy connection.

Could be used for fraudulant behaviour or mallicious activity, abuse behaviour from the connection.

Is this normal  for virgin/khoros doing maintenance  or was it unauthorised activity on  my community account?

My password did not work twice recently  and had to reset twice, may be connected with that event.

Also in the past had incidents of changes to my account by others where an image was added.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ip 193.xx.xx.xx-still unsolved.

interesting that although the thread was previously mentioned in posts by another member in October 2019 the reply box is already removed

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/IP-Addresses/td-p/4092335

some of my older posts from a year a ago are similar, if no activity for about a year the thread is closed to reply but not archived.

this means any other member has to start a separate subject if the subject is re-started.

similar to me the member did not get a  reply/answer that explained fully on why a 193.xx.xx.xx ip address was listed as accessing the community account, it still remains a mystery then and now, it appears to be activity by virgin themselves??? for unknow reason, unless there is a hacker using a virgin ip address?  If so virgin should investigate this, but I have not had any responses from the community forum, perhaps it is unusual and unknown and as before the other member did get answers but no actual reason for the rogue ip address that appeared I can get no answers even reported  to moderators.

I can only assume it is virgin checking accounts but as my password failed twice seemed odd to see this ip address which is old Telewest range of ip addresses not normally used for servers or public .

For confidentiality reasons I have not published the ip address as it may be a private one, but has been sent to moderator.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ip 193.xx.xx.xx-still unsolved.

as no reply from the community I have sent a report form to abuse at virginmedia

see if they can answer the mystery??

they have received this and allocated a reference number to the report. But will I get an answer???

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ip 193.xx.xx.xx-still unresolved -assumed to be too difficult to answer this one

Although an old ntl (telewest) customer years in the nineties, the ip address is not mine and as I regularly delete out the ip address record in personal information the only other possibility is that he ip 193.xx.xx.xx-  was used on to access my account was by virgin network management following a password issue.

Virgin must have access to the accounts as they can edit posts, and possibly home working.

As there was no answers to this security issue from virigin or community then I can only assume it was not hacked but stilll unusual as I have not before seen the 193.xx.xx.xx ip range used. The ip 193.38.100.xx is an old range of ip addresses dating back to 1993 which probably would be telewest but may still be used by virgin and are still listed as belonging virgin.

As no feedback at all on this issue of an ip address  193.38.100.xx,  listed on my community account that is not by me one can only assume it is a subject not answered  so remains unresolved. As I have at times usd  vpn all the other ip addesses listed were accounted for except for this one, and my own two ip addresses listed (it changed recently so have both old and new listed)

I think this may be a static ip address from a network/administator, but unusual no one else except one member over a  year ago reported this, mentioned in my previous post with link to the old post.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I change password on Virgin Community- FAILED

ALF28 -VIRGIN COMMUNITY PASSWORD- BLOCKED AGAIN - KEEPS HAPPENING

my virgin community password stopped working again today 14/12/2020.

had to reset my password  via an email  link which worked.

this has happed at least  3 times previously, so not sure why I was locked out.

perhaps virgin have locked me out, or some other reason?

hard to get answers sometimes, posts not always answered.

my password may have been changed by others but only virgin could do that without a reset via email? (would require virgin administrator rights)

perhaps my account was locked out deliberately and had happened before to me, and never explained away. (blocks me posting?)

I was alarmed as with the difficult virgin covid19 support situation, the community is the advised method of getting help if you need it so to be blocked out is a nightmare.

anyone else had this password issue recently?

why does it keep happening?

usually happens after my postings, so I may reduce postings now until I need help,my  recent postings not answered unless the que to get answered is now about 7 days or even longer or no answer at all.

alf28

0 Kudos