cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have used data when my internet isn't plugged in?

Namdrah
Tuning in

I received an email today telling me to check my internet usage this month. 
I clicked on it and it told me I had used 270 Gb this month. 

But nobody is living in my house at the moment as I'm having building work done and my router isn't plugged in and isn't even in the house anymore. 

So how can I have used any data? 

Just wondering if it's a security issue of something? 

Or it's just a fake email sent out? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Wild errors in these VM usage emails have been highlighted before in past topics. A real email will come from Virgin Media <email@em.virginmedia.com>

I had an email today advising of an update to my usage info. I have just clicked the link and logged in and the page displayed no usage info whatsoever, just general marketing snippets about VM's services. Looked like a generic landing page but with no data inserted.

You have been told you have used 270 GB this month on a service that is not connected and I have no data showing on a connection that gets use every day.

In all likelihood you have probably received just another mangled and useless bit of marketing info from VM with incorrect information on it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Wild errors in these VM usage emails have been highlighted before in past topics. A real email will come from Virgin Media <email@em.virginmedia.com>

I had an email today advising of an update to my usage info. I have just clicked the link and logged in and the page displayed no usage info whatsoever, just general marketing snippets about VM's services. Looked like a generic landing page but with no data inserted.

You have been told you have used 270 GB this month on a service that is not connected and I have no data showing on a connection that gets use every day.

In all likelihood you have probably received just another mangled and useless bit of marketing info from VM with incorrect information on it.

The email did come from "email@em.virginmedia.com"

I thought it was just marketing stuff, but I was just worried with it saying I had used data I can't possibly have used.

Thank you for the clarification, I can be less Worried by it now. 

Hi @Namdrah,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you were concerned about an email received from us. We can understand the confusion caused and want to best help. Were you able to click on the link in the email? If so what did you see? Have you also been able to verify this in your my VM mobile account? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,
Yes I could click on the link, It took me to Virginmedia.com/myusage............ Which said i had used 270gb of data this month. 

But the router hasn't been plugged in since July. 

I don't have Virgin Mobile only Broadband. 

Best,

Namdrah  

Thanks for coming back to us @Namdrah, we're sorry for any inconvenience or confusion caused over the recent E-Mail

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further concerns

Kindest regards,

David_Bn