cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to change password on 2mdary email

sambrow46
Tuning in

After being hacked on my Blueyonder account and speaking to a phone adviser who told me to add my old BY as a 2ndary to my current VM email... Ive done this but still don't know how to change the password for this 2dary account... I need to do this as its been hacked... 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I know it is not possible to move specific email addresses between accounts. Without revealing any personal data can you describe what was involved in this move?

The option to manage secondary account via the primary was removed May 2022 during a redesign of the site.To  reset an account's password go to Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media , enter its email address and follow the instructions; if you do not wish to sign out of current session then open a Private / Incognito browser window.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

So I went into current VM account and into my  email account and added a second email account which is my old BY email address. So I can now see emails sent to this account. I did this on the desk top via Google. I have my old BY email account and still accessable via the email appon ipad and also my android.so old password is used. When I try to log into vm with just my old BY email details it cannot find the details. What I'm trying to do is change the password for my old BY email account because its hacked. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media did not work then you will need to wait for the forum team to respond however be aware what help they can offer will depend on whether the email address is linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account or less than 90 days have passed since it was terminated.

Hi Sambrow46, welcome back to the community! Really sorry to hear about your recent experience being hacked and trying to reset the password of a secondary email account. I'd recommend having a look through this help page for what to do when your email address has been hacked: My Virgin media email has been hacked. Hopefully this will ensure your account is secure! 

You should be able to reset the password yourself via our forgotten password process. However, please let us know if this does not work for you!

Providing the email address is registered to your account, and you are the account holder, we can also help reset this for you from our end. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer support with this if needed. 

We can then return to this public thread with an update where possible. 

All the best! 

Molly