cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed

chrissyccc003
Joining in
Hi i need to talk to someone regarding a copy of a email that as been Supposed to have been sent from Virgin Media to someone about me , the email is clearly Fraudulent and I need your help .
I have already spoken to  action fraud And they of told me to contact you which I have tried to do over the phone but have had no success please could you get back to me as soon as possible I will now attach the email picture and the email picture which I have pointed out what is fraudulent  , 

AC65CC4C-6072-45AE-A04F-67AA0E2B4860.jpeg

4060CCA7-3A6E-4096-B955-BF1EAF77D7BA.png

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrissyccc003,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to see that you've been affected by a fraudulent email.

Just to let you know, we had to remove the images due to personal names and potentially an innocent 3rd Party being mentioned, however, I did have a glace over them.

Just to get a better understanding here, how did you come across these? Were these sent to you by the person named on the email?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I was sent this though whatsapp by Mr Luke Martin , who claims to be the account holder  as prove that my phone number as made these phone calls …. I have a copy of my fully Itemised phone bill proving that my phone number listed in the email has not made any such calls 

Your description is a bit confusing. Do you know who Luke Martin is who sent you the message on WhatsApp?

Before the pictures were removed, they were addressed to a female name and had a few different mobile numbers listed IIRC.

Was it your name at the top of the email and was your mobile number listed among the alleged call logs?

The email was seemingly a poor quality scam message and quite likely a phishing attempt of some kind. There could be various ways that your number has ended up in a scam email/message.

What further help do you need/want from VM?

The picture of the email was sent to me by Luke Martin , the email was addressed to his ex partner. The phone number s in the email belong to me . 
I believe the email to have be put together by Mr Luke Martin as he sent it to me as his prove that i had been ringing his ex partner which i had not done and have proof of that . This is why i am asking for your help as they have made this using your details.
Is there anything you can do to prove this ? 
Surly the fact they are using your details to do this is against your policies ? 

Your explanation helps clarify things.

You have posted on VM's community support forum so most of the those posting and responding to questions are VM customers (myself included).

VM forum staff (employees of VM) are identified on the forum by 'Forum Team' under their name and the VM infinity logo. They get involved if the question cannot be answered by other community members.

You will need to wait for a response from them on their official position on how/if they might be able to help further.

Does mean you gave passed this onto them to look at ? As i dont see that as a option when asking a question 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissyccc003 wrote:

Does mean you gave passed this onto them to look at ? As i dont see that as a option when asking a question 

Virgin Media staff are already involved - see message 2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi chrissyccc003,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion over these calls, we'll need a few more details from you in order to look  into this.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm