Menu
rab--c
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Harassment from virgin media sales

Getting phone calls from these harassing sales teams evey 3 days. I have told them to stop as unless they are giving me cheaper im not interested. They hardly understand english, trying to force customers to accept contracts by using missleading sales pitches like "save money" when they are really charging you more than you already pay. It seems like they dont care if i say i dont want new expensive contract, they just keep trying to con you into it. This is clearly harassment since they keep calling every 3 days as if im going say o.k give me a bigger bill now you called 5 times in 1 month. Was called early to be hung up on when i answer. Worse than (Removed) p.p.i and accident calls put together 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Harassment from virgin media sales

You can cancel all VM sales calls ... just sign into My Virgin Media, click on the My Profile tab and go to the Marketing preferences.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All you need to do is opt out of marketing calls. Your welcome.

rab--c
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thats the stupidest thing iv ever heard of you have to opt out of harassment. So untill ever user logs in to hear to get this answer ther going to be called every 3 days from a poor english speaking lieing sales team. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi rab--c,

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving unwanted calls.

As Dave_cq and Kippies have advised, you can log into your MyVM account to opt out of all marketing contact. This is standard practice among most brands and companies, more information can be found here.

If you'd rather not process this request online, you can give us a call on 150 / 03454541111 to request that you are removed from our marketing list.

Alternatively, why not try our text messaging service? It’s free for Virgin Media customers – just send your query to 07533051809 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-7pm Monday - Friday.

Thanks,

Rachael

Matilda001
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have recently been through the same problem with rude and aggressive sales staff.  After a 3 month saga with the complaints team, it was concluded that simply changing your marketing preferences on the 'my preferences' page is apparently not enough to stop ALL sales/marketing calls.  According to the Chief Execs complaints team, there is also a section on the accounts screen in regards to billing which also has to be updated and that can only be done by staff and is not automatically linked when you change to opt out on the 'my preferences' page.  That was the 'explanation' given to me by the chief execs office as to why I was still receiving sales calls despite having  already opted out of those calls for many years. Good luck, I hope the calls stop as they are such a nuisance. If you haven't already, update your preferences to opt out, that way it should at least cut down on some of the calls.

Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

Just to let you know, I've removed a couple of comments from this thread as they were not constructive or relevant to the original problem.

Let's keep the thread friendly. You can review our community guidelines here.

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rab--c
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gettin these idiots calling me every day of the week again was on phone with 1 of the idiot sales team and my phone beeps with incoming call from none other than the same sales team. Is virgin media really that desperate to sell over priced packages, they call me twice at the same time. I have told them to stop calling and on website but they still harrass me with marketing calls. Clearly dont care what i say or do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The next time they call inform them that you are exercising your right under GDPR Article 21 to be removed from all forms of direct marketing.

This is sufficient to have formally informed the organisation of your objection to your data being processed for direct marketing purposes.

ico guidance states the following:-

The GDPR does not specify how to make a valid objection. Therefore, an objection to processing can be made verbally or in writing. It can also be made to any part of your organisation and does not have to be to a specific person or contact point.

This is an absolute right and there are no exemptions or grounds for refusal. When an objection to processing for direct marketing purposes is made processing an individual’s data for this purpose must stop, usually within 30 days.

Failure to comply would be a breach of the GDPR. https://gdpr-info.eu/art-21-gdpr/

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thats different from my experience- haven't heard from em since I opted out- but it does take a while to kick in.

As with Solobo's good advice, allow 30 days.

A bit of a disturbing one, Ive heard of companies calling and telling customers its NOT a sales or marketing call, they just want to "review their account" Law of unintended consequences I suppose, but if you get one of them from VM, report it here.

0 Kudos