Menu
TM57
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HELP to cancel

My 84 year old mother has been admitted to a care home and no longer requires tv /phone package . She is not well enough to make phone calls and has no idea of security questions/passwords. 

I am sure this situation is not unique but I am getting nowhere trying to cancel on her behalf. 

I do not want to discuss this sensitive subject on a forum but can find no email address to try to resolve this and when speaking to customer service I’m just told I need password. 

Can someone please contact me regarding this very frustrating situation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
StopItRawr
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP to cancel

You will need power of attorney and send it in writing to VM. The address is on the VM help site.

Once you prove this, you can make changes to the account.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM are acting correctly and the “power of attorney” is the correct legal way. This “power” means you can look after all her financial dealings, so it is very powerful. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problems with this are that Power of Attorney takes some time to set up and if the donor is considered to have lost mental capacity then you have to go through the Court of Protection which takes even longer and costs a lot more.

TM57
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im very aware of power of attorney but this may not be an option now.

I can’t do anymore than try my best to solve this but seems as VM are not that easy to communicate with (very frustrating) I’ll just have to let things take their course.

0 Kudos
TM57
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help you are right these things take time which Isn’t on my side

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@TM57 wrote:

Thanks for your help you are right these things take time which Isn’t on my side

Having been through a similar distressing experience recently, albeit not with Virgin Media, I am going to flag this to the @ModTeam to see if they can expedite a work around for you.

Forum Team Manager (Retired) Karl_T
Forum Team Manager (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TM57

I can absolutely help you with this, I'm sorry that you are being frustrated in your efforts to help your Mother.

I'll send you a private message asking for some details - look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Regards

Karl

br >

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos