Menu
Highlighted
B819m
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Funny Photo Maker

Virginmedia used to block the download of Funny Photo Maker 242. Is the software now deemed safe as it is not now blocked?
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Funny Photo Maker

Hi @B819m 

Apologies for the delay, we're just checking with our Internet Security team to see if there are/were any restrictions and if these have since been removed. We'll get back to you once we have a definitive answer.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @B819m,

Just a quick line to say we haven't forgotten you and we're still on the case. We'll drop you an update as soon as we know more.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Michael_JK, Yesterday I scanned the Funny Photo Maker with Avast although previous scans did not discover anything amiss although yesterday it did and there were two pups si I deleted it.  I wonder why VM has not blocked it as in the past it has and I have not made any changes. So the issue is now resolved. Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Scan the file or its URL at VirusTotal and you will see 1 out of 71 scan engines flag it as malicious today; previously none did, The (unknown) scan engine / service Virgin Media use is currently not flagging the Funny Photo Maker executable as malware but that may change as detection data is shared between security software vendors.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us B819m,

Our support teams are still investigating this; so that we can look into this further could you confirm the following information please;

• The full URL for the site in question
  • What device you're trying to access this on
  • Are you accessing this through a web browser or through an application

Thanks

Lucy_B

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lucy_B, Url access: Google Browser. Destination: W10 v1903 Desktop Computer. Enclosed are 2 screengrabs and Avast Free displays 2 PUPS within 

V2.4.2 of Funny Photo Maker. I already have v1.50 of the program which is clean.

Thanks.FPM 2.4.2 Avast Scan.jpgFPM 2.4.2 Source .jpg

0 Kudos
B819m
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

have the two screengrabs failed to appear?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@B819m wrote:

have the two screengrabs failed to appear?

They are awaiting moderation - once approved they will appear after around twenty minutes or so.

Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi B819m,

Thanks for sending that over. I've passed this over to our support team so that we can continue to investigate this. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

0 Kudos