cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account in my name

Paulnorman90
Joining in

On my credit report there is a virgin media account that has been in my name since 2009. The billing address is a local one but I don’t know anything about the account and have certainly never opened an account with virgin media. I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone as contacting virgin on the phone requires account numbers that I obviously don’t have. My name is Paul removed and the address is removed. I don’t know who has done this but I need it removing from my credit file. I’m expecting this account to be closed immediately now I have notified you of this matter.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulnorman thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had an account taken out in your name but not with your consent.  When you say local address, do you mean an address you've never lived at?  

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulnorman thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had an account taken out in your name but not with your consent.  When you say local address, do you mean an address you've never lived at?  

Regards

Lee_R

I’ve never lived at the address where you are sending the bills. It’s all fine when the bills are payed on time but as soon as he/she doesn’t pay them on time I end up in debt. Yes, it’s relatively small but my credit report doesn’t need outstanding balances all the time with companies I haven’t done business with. I need the account to be closed if it hasn’t already. Thanks x

Hi Paulnorman90,

Thanks for getting back to us. Due to the nature of this query, we would like to send you a private message to discuss this further and take some details from you so we can investigate this matter.

I will pop you across a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept that chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Make sure that you check your credit history for any incorrect info, and that anything attributable to VM is corrected/removed.  VM will certainly take action against any fraudulent account, but their track record on correcting inaccurate or VM-caused credit history events is patchy. 

Hi Paulnorman90,

Just a quick note to say an email has now been sent off for you to our credit file amendments team. As soon as we have any response, we will come back to you to inform you of what has been done.

If you need any further assistance in this time, please come back to us through this channel. 

Kind regards Jodi.