cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Use of My Address

tis
Joining in

Hi, 

My address has been used fraudulently to set up a Virgin Mobile Account. My house is a new build and therefore there are now previous owners to this property. I came to know of this when a leaflet was sent through addressed to the fraudsters name to my address. I spoke to someone two weeks ago regarding this and was given a customer reference number. No one has since gotten back to me. I then called up the customer service and it turns out the number provided is of no use and the fraudsters account is still active. It looks as if Virgin are more worried about upsetting the income from the fraudster than to address this issue. 

Can someone address this or I will take this further. 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Fraudulent accounts do get mentioned on here with some regularity. Often though the customer's address as well as name have been used in the fraud, in a case of identity theft, to set up a false account.

Could it also be a case of an incorrect house number being entered when setting up an account by a neighbour or nearby property?

I have had this quite regularly where I get mail for neighbours which has my house number on. If I can't track down the intended neighbour, I make a note of when the letter was received at my address and then write 'Not known at this address' on the front and put it back in the post. They usually stop being delivered soon after.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tis, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about the address issues and will look into this further via private message. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope. ^Chris