Menu
IRafiq
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraud - Mobile account setup in my name

I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years.

I received a mobile sim in December 2018, I hadn't ordered it. Called Virgin Mobile - reported this a fraudulent account. I was given a fraud team reference number and told that I would be contacted in 48 hours. Didn't happen.

Then got a letter in mid-January 2019, stating account suspended and that I was in arrears. Called Virgin Mobile - advised couldn't find account - told to ignore the letter.

Then got another letter at the end of January 2019, being charged whole contract charges and matter being sent to debt collection agency. Called Virgin Mobile - advised couldn't find account - letter was likely ongoing fraud. Reassured that my details were to attached to a Mobile account with Virgin.

Today received a letter from a Debt Collection Agency. Called them - informed them of fraud, they said they will discuss with Virgin. I also called Virgin Mobile - told this time that that account was present in my name - they cant discuss with me as I cant pass security (of course as I didn't set up the account). Have been advised that has been referred to the "back office" for investigation.

I am going around in circles - customer services appalling - debt collection agency involved. I need help please. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud - Mobile account setup in my name

Hello IRafiq

Very disappointing to hear of the mobile account issues but thank you for posting your query on our forum. Can you confirm when you last spoke to the team? Did the agent you spoke to advise which 'back office' team this was being passed to and when they are due to contact you back?

Rob

IRafiq
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response.

I have been speaking to Virgin Mobile today, a few times, as I couldn't get anywhere. The "back office" wasn't clarified but as I was trying to raise concerns about fraud, I hope it  was the fraud department. I was told to wait 4-5 days or 9-10 days (depending on the person I was speaking to) for the mobile account to be cancelled and then to call customer services back to check.

Didn't fill me with any confidence. Hence posting here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Imran.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From the information provided and your concerns around the new mobile account and subsequent correspondence this will be being fully investigated. We would advise to allow the 5 working days to pass and if this is still something you require assistance with get back to us here.

Thanks

Rob