cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake message - or not ?

JLTsirius
Joining in

See below - I received this email this morning - is it fake ? I have checked my account and cannot see any issues with the status of my broadband package (i don't have virgin mobile) 

Received via email Jan 31st

To ensure that your service has not been interrupted, we require you to confirm your account billing information with us immediately, in order to avoid any suspension on your service.

We were unable to process your latest Virgin Media Broadband or Mobile bill at this time. The billing information associated with your account may have recently expired, your service is scheduled for disconnection.

Virgin Media Billing Department

Please don't reply to this email - we won't see it.

Virgin Media Limited is an appointed representative of Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number: 626215). Registered in England No. 09058868. Registered office: 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JLTsirius wrote:

See below - I received this email this morning - is it fake ? I have checked my account and cannot see any issues with the status of my broadband package (i don't have virgin mobile) 

Text/phrases look like a re-hash of a scam email from July 2022. See email 3 from VM 'Phishing News' 12/7/22

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-12-07-2022/m-p/5065107

Anankha
Problem sorter

Scam for sure. To check hover your mouse over any links & see if the url matches any genuine VM website. Also check the sender’s email.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia