cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External broken junction box

paulwb
On our wavelength

The green external junction box outside my flat has the door completely off, it has been like this for a year now, I keep ringing up but all I get is different departments and no one has a clue now the cables are hanging out and everything is loose inside the box, last time someone tampered with the wire with resulting no broadband for two days I need to know to resolve this and it seems I am not the only one

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulwb wrote:

The green external junction box outside my flat has the door completely off, it has been like this for a year now, I keep ringing up but all I get is different departments and no one has a clue now the cables are hanging out and everything is loose inside the box, last time someone tampered with the wire with resulting no broadband for two days I need to know to resolve this and it seems I am not the only one

Virgin Media's preferred method of reporting such issues is via this link:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paulwb
On our wavelength

The junction box is opposite 9 Station Parade,Northolt Road. South Harrow HA2 8HB. You can clearly see the door is broken and is not attached and the wires exposed 

Hi Paulwb,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with the damaged cabinet looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

If you have already gone ahead and used the link @Graham_A provided then that's perfect 🙂

If you haven't done this yet and would like me to take care of this, could you please post a picture of the damaged cabinet and I will get it reported to the team using your info on your forum profile for the address 🙂 You may need to post the picture on a PC/laptop instead of through your phone.

Thanks,

Megan_L

paulwb
On our wavelength

20210729_141038.jpg

Hi Paulwb, 

Thanks for sending that over for me, I'll get it reported now 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

paulwb
On our wavelength

I am sick to death of the poor customer service attitude in reference to the broken junction box outside, I have reported the issue three times, this has been going on for over a year, It is not my job to contact an engineer, it is the job of customer service to do this, I have complain, but all I get is poor replies, stop blaming Covid for your poor customer service, if the box gets damaged anymore then I will simply cancel my Virgin. How hard is it for someone to deal with this. I won't hold my breath

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear this is ongoing, paulwb,  I'll get this chased up with the cabinet team.

cheers,

Corey C

paulwb
On our wavelength

Nearly three months and nothing has been done, useless

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paulwb,

Thank your for coming back to us about this ongoing Cabinet issue. I have contacted the responsible team for an update on this, as this should have been resolved by now. 

Apologies that this is still an ongoing issue. I have contacted the team and will update the thread as soon as I have a response.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs