cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

bimbo1
Joining in

Every time I want to access my emails I am asked for address and password and a page then appears asking me how many traffic lights or crossings or bicycles can be seen. Now I understand being asked this OCCASIONALLY for security but not EVERY time I want to access my emails. I use Chrome browser and always have done. Never had this problem before until the last 2 months or so. I am so frustrated that I am considering cancelling my whole Virgin Media package which includes tv, broadband and landline...not cheap!

Can this be fixed or would I be better off moving to Sky?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bimbo1 wrote:

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. I dont appear to have got the instructions you sent before...either that or I missed them during a senior moment.lol!

Go back to message 8 in this thread, which you appeared to acknowledge with your reply in message 9.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been some mentions on here of some customers receiving excessive recaptcha messages in the recent past. I have just tried logging in, in quick succession, to 5 different VM email accounts (which has been a trigger for recaptcha to appear for me in the past) but no security prompts were triggered. Other past suggestions for the prompts have included things like fast typing/entry of credentials and/or other unusual activity from the customer's network as being a cause for the recaptcha trigger.

Have you considered gradually migrating your email requirements/usage over to a third-party provider outside of any ISP? If you were driven to moving your broadband/TV to another provider and away from VM, your VM email account(s) would close within 90 days of your service ending and you would lose access. With a third-party email provider, you can move broadband providers without affecting your email usage. You might also get better security such as 2FA depending which alternative service you chose.

I was hoping that Virgin would respond but not so far. Thank you though for your input.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Best route if you want a direct line to VM support is to ring up. You've posted your query on a VM community forum so typically the first responses to topics will be from other VM customers. The VM forum staff will respond if the question raised is not being addressed fully by the answers of the forum community members or requires access to VM's systems for further information.

If you'd like a response only from a VM employee, the VM forum team usually respond within a day or two for unanswered questions but can take up to a week to reply.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing I'd consider trying as a test is logging in using incognito mode.  Do you still get the recaptcha?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ok thanks for that, much appreciated.

Not sure how I do that.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're using Chrome click the 3 dots in the top right and select New Incognito Window.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry, yes very helpful. Thank you

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For clarity, did Incognito mode resolve the (reCaptcha) issue for you?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks