cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

redbull
Joining in

Hi whenever I try and access certain websites it gives this error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR I saw a previous member had this issue and it was due to  Web Safe being incorrectly being reported as off. This seems to be the same issue can you help?

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @redbull,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your services, has anything changed since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi thanks for the response, no nothing has changed. There is no option for me to turn off web search. When I access the app it won’t even let me see my bill.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to sign in here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings using account holder's authentication credentials?

FYI Web Safe | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I am able to sign in to that site but there is no web safe option

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When signed in does the highlighted text area (shown below) state Your package or Secondary account?
2022-04-30.jpeg
If the:

• former (Your package) then selecting Account settings > Online Security to access Web Safe settings
  • latter (Secondary account) re-sign in using the account holder's authentication credentials

21FF2906-25BD-4D9A-A14C-F7EC47E7F0A9.png

•  It never gave me that option when I clicked account settings. But now when I try to access anything on n that page it gives that error attached 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider: