cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know if this is an official email?

Jessicoo
On our wavelength

Hi everyone

So I received an email yesterday confirming my engineer booking for 26th March, here's the thing though, I never booked for an engineer!

Yes my wi fi has been having a lot of problems this week but I didn't get in touch with anybody at Virgin Media, I got in touch with VM today asking if they could find out what this was and how it got booked but honestly they were no help.

I look at my bookings in my Virgin Media and there is nothing, that is why I am asking if this is official.

I have attached a screenshot of the email

Hope someone can help, thank you.

Virgin Media Email.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The screenshot looks odd with an appointment time of 01.00 to 02.00.  I very much doubt that VM engineers do house calls in the early hours of the morning.

As no appointment is showing on your My VM page then it would appear to be fake.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The screenshot looks odd with an appointment time of 01.00 to 02.00.  I very much doubt that VM engineers do house calls in the early hours of the morning.

As no appointment is showing on your My VM page then it would appear to be fake.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jessicoo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've received an email regarding an engineer visit. 

Taking a look at our systems, I can see there is no engineer appointment booked however I can see a work order was opened for us to monitor a stability issue with your connection. 

I am guessing for some reason this email has been auto generated when it shouldn't have been. 

How have things been with your connection this weekend? Are you needing further help with it? Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs