cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a landline

Pmc1
Joining in

I have provisionally booked an engineer to install broadband to my new build apartment, I have rang a few times to ask do I need to have a landline for the installation and not only can I not get an answer none of the operatives seem to understand the question??? Trying to cancel as if its this difficult before Im an actual customer whats it going to be like if I join them

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Pmc1 

There is no obligation to have a landline with Virgin in order to take out broadband, however having one generally attracts a higher discount, hence a lower price as they hope you'll make chargeable calls.

There is no need to plug a phone in if you take that option, although if you have any broadband issues you can plug it in and dial 150 from the landline (free call) to speak to Virgin.

EDIT - In case I've misinterpreted your question, VM would prefer a landline/mobile to contact you on if there are any issues with the installation, although they may also be able to send emails to you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Pmc1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you have not had clarity as to whether you need a landline.  Was the great advice given by @newapollo useful?

Do you need any further help regarding this?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs