cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit date

Titam
Settling in

I want to change the date of my direct debit but can't find a way to do it on line. I keep seeing a number I need to text, but it gets me nowhere. How do I change my direct debit date online?

6 REPLIES 6

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi @Titam 

You could always ask your bank to change the date.

But if the date you set is 'after' the current one, you might be charged extra that month to make up for the added days.

I'm sure one of our Forum Team will be able to help better than I can.

🤞  

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Titam wrote:

I want to change the date of my direct debit but can't find a way to do it on line. I keep seeing a number I need to text, but it gets me nowhere. How do I change my direct debit date online?

There used to be a way to do it through 'My Virgin Media' IIRC. I have just tried to login to find it.

However, 'My Virgin Media' seems to be in a pretty mangled and broken state at the moment while VM are changing its appearance/function. 'Billing' now seems to be a separate section altogether outside of MVM and only partly working or not at all.

Personally, if you happen on any past info explaining it via MVM, I wouldn't try that route just now . I wouldn't trust MVM will process any changes reliably at the moment.

Wait for a forum team member on here within a day or two.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could always ask your bank to change the date.” totally wrong, the bank has no control over when Direct Debits are posted. They are in the control of the claimant, they re the only people who can change the date.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Titam 

Follow the instructions on the following help page which also explains when you can make the changes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-change-direct-debit-details 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Titam 

If the VM online form works, you can use that, but despite Tudor's comment, depending on who you bank with, there should be a form to allow you to change the date of any of your DD's ... I changed all mine through my bank last June ... Here's the Virgin Money link for example:

How do I change the date my payment is due?

If you'd like to change your payment due date, simply complete our Online Form.

You still need to complete the request if you have a Direct Debit set up and you'd like to change the date it is collected. To select the link, please double click or hold down the underlined text, then follow the instructions.

You can request a change to your due date once your account has been open for 15 days and requests are limited to once per six months.

Check your bank for the form.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Titam

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with changing your direct debit date.

Have you managed to request this as of yet? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M