cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadloss Letters

AngryCustomer91
On our wavelength

Struggling to understand how Virgin have managed to send two Deadlock Letters to a random email address (i.e. not mine!)

This appears to be a Data Protection issue.

One month on (after promising the letter in 3-5 working days) they have sent to the wrong email twice and have now sent the wrong letter to the right email address. 3 failures in a row.

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AngryCustomer91

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear there's been some issues receiving your deadlock letter. 

I would like to take a closer look into this to find out what has gone wrong so will pop you a PM now so we can clear security first. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I emailed back to your Executive Team to ask what this meant:

Your complaint was:
Mobile > Customer Experience > Other

Here is what we have offered as a resolution:
Package > Extra info on package and product”

They have refused to explain and have said if I dare send any more emails they will cancel my phone contract.

Nice customer service technique!

@AngryCustomer91 wrote:

Nice customer service technique!

Indeed, make sure you keep every and all conversations with VM for when this inevitably end up with a formal complaint to CISAS.

Oh, and if you are sure that private information about you has been sent to a wrong email address then so be sure to make a complaint to the ICO. That might just light a small fire under someone’s backside.

Cheers Jem!

sending one letter to a random email address could be an accident, but they double-double checked my correct email the next time and STILL sent it to someone else !
I’m hoping the ICO take an interest 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via PM @AngryCustomer91,

I have checked our systems and can see this had already been escalated to a team manager who has since contacted you this evening and was able to discuss the matter further. 

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs