cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOS participation email

flingshop
Tuning in

Like some other users I have been sent an email accusing ‘one of my devices’ of having participated in DOS. Done all checks advised and nothing has turned up. 

I see many users have received similar emails, except, mine came today, about 6 weeks after the supposed infringement date which was11th March 2022.

is this a spam email, has VM had a data breach and therefore this email has some correct information or is this a genuine error. I tried contacting Virgin but had no luck getting any response. It would be good to get some confirmation/reassurance from VM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jhuk
Trouble shooter
7 REPLIES 7

jhuk
Trouble shooter

So why not post in the existing thread then it is easier to keep an eye on it all in one place.

Solved: I've been sent an email about DOS and have no Idea... - Virgin Media Community - 4966456

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @flingshop thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of your confusion around a received email from our internet security team.  In regards to whether or not our team in question sent it, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Would do but couldn't find the right place. How do I move message across to the right forum? I am new to Community.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

The Mod can merge them.

Thank you please merge

Knighthawk60
Joining in

Hello

I have received a letter and email from internet-security@virginmedia.com saying I have participated in a DDOS Attack and they will cut my broadband off if this continues. 

Can someone confirm this is legit and can someone shed some light onto information of the attack

Reference is: 

VMIS139-DOSPARTICIPANTS-

F009837930

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Knighthawk60,

Welcome to the community.

To clarify this, I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain