Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cybersecurity devices with VM Superhub 3 and Google Wifi

I currently have Superhub 3 in mode (bridge) mode connected to a Google Wifi connected to a switch.  Perhaps overkill but I'd like to have another layer to secure my smart/IoT devices (at least for my peace of mind).

After a trip to Google, I'm confused about what I'm looking for.  There are 'personal routers' like the Bitdefender Box 2 and security gateways like the UniFi device.  There are also setups that use both (is this really needed??).

What I'd like is a device to protect my IoT kit, give me stats on traffic, device management, parental controls and, ideally, the option to create VLANs.  The Box 2 seems to be the closest to this.  Unfortunately, I already have a long term subscription with Emsisoft but I'm sure I give this to someone else in favour of Bitdefender's subscription.

Can anyone please advise what I'm looking for and any recommendations?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cybersecurity devices with VM Superhub 3 and Google Wifi

Hello

The only thing I can recommend myself is a PfSense box which is what I run, this allows fully protection on my networks I have multiple.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.  I decided to keep it simple for now and get a Fingbox.  It seems to cover what I need for the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Looks like a great device.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos