cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support 150 password

davymatt
Joining in

I recently had a problem with my broadband that, when reported through 150 asked me for a password. It has been suggested that it might drop through to a human eventually, which it has never done. Is there someone I can send an email to to get it reset or the password sent to me? Don't really know why they want a password for anything on 150 as it is obvious where it came from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davymatt, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have updated the password for you now. Next time you call, or need to go through data protection, the characters to quote are the ones you have just given me 🙂

Just as a reminder, this action has NOT updated your My VM user account. Should you wish to change this password, you can do this by following these steps: My Virgin Media > Sign in > Enter email address and the password I've sent you > My Profile > Change password

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The call should be directed to a support agent if you just ignore the requests to enter characters from the verification passphrase.  The agent should then be able to follow up with alternative security questions.

The verification passphrase is needed to ensure that you are the account holder rather than a random person calling from your number.

If you can't get through to an agent then the VM Forum Team may be able to help when they reach this thread in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davymatt, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have been having an issue getting through to the team. 

As mentioned by Graham_A, the verification password is there so we can get you through data protection without the need to ask a number of questions on the account. If you are the account holder, then we are able to reset this for you however we will need to confirm your identity first. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi davymatt, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have updated the password for you now. Next time you call, or need to go through data protection, the characters to quote are the ones you have just given me 🙂

Just as a reminder, this action has NOT updated your My VM user account. Should you wish to change this password, you can do this by following these steps: My Virgin Media > Sign in > Enter email address and the password I've sent you > My Profile > Change password

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team